Friday, October 24, 2008

We're sick

Well, Olivia and I both woke up sick this morning. I had noticed she's been sneezing a little the last couple days. Now it's full-blown. She has a faucet for a nose and my throat hurts.
We've had a rough week. This past Saturday my Uncle Terry passed away. He had been fighting cancer for a very long time. I will miss him so so much. I am very glad that Olivia and I were able to visit him a couple of times in the last couple months and I got lots of pictures of them together.
Tuesday and Wendesday I spent everyday either at work or the funeral home. Tuesday was Olivia's first day at daycare. Wednesday was her one-year-old doctor's visit. So much going on, why wonder we're sick.
Olivia's first day at daycare went just fine. Daddy got the pleasure of dropping her off. It made him feel pretty guilty, but they said she never shed a tear for us. She really likes playing with older kids and she knows at least one of them that go there, so she will be fine.
Her doctor's visit went well. She is pretty advanced for a Guatemalan baby her age and she is pefectly healthy. Olivia is now 18 pounds and 28" long. We still have to finish her shots though since we were pressed for time that day. Her doctor said I should expect more temper tantrums now. He says this as she's screaming because I'm trying to put her clothes back on. I'm like, "you have to be kidding me!" More fits!? Yea, not a big surprise - she throws fits over everything. She is my little drama queen! I guess he isn't aware of the Guatatemper!

No comments: