Thursday, March 5, 2009

Almost 17 months old

Olivia will be 17 months old on the 9th. She is still under 20 pounds and in 12 month clothes. I think she's getting taller though. We went to the grocery store today and she seemed to think she was there to entertain. She was making funny faces at everyone we passed. We get so many people who stop us and tell her she looks like a doll or she is sooo cute. And she plays up to them the whole time, giggling and batting those long lashes.
I bought Olivia a potty a few days ago. It's got Winnie the Pooh and friends on it and she just sits staring at the picture of them on it. Right now she is most interested in taking the bowl out and running around with it . . . on her head. She pee-peed on the big potty a few nights ago so I thought I might as well get her her own potty to get used to. No pressure though.
Olivia is picking up new words like crazy now. She can tell us she wants "more" or that she's "done". Or if she wants "milk" or "juice" (almost always juice, but that's too bad). We have been working on nodding our head 'yes' instead of always shaking 'no'. It's so cute when she does it - it's so exaggerated. But, if I ask her if she's done with supper and she is then she nods yes.
The other day I told Olivia, "You pooped, I can smell it." She says "Pooped, shew." She cracks me up! And she anounces when she toots now. She's pretty proud of herself.
She's into baby dolls now. She carries them around and feeds them with her own cup (we really need to get her some play bottles). She's also starting to try to draw and color. She's also gotten very lovey. Olivia will crawl up into my lap, get face to face with me and just smile. She likes to give momma kisses and then gives me a big hug.
I haven't taken many pictures of her lately, now that it's warming up I need to work on that!

No comments: