Monday, July 28, 2008

So, not quite yet . . .

We were due to fly out to Guatemala last Saturday morning. However, on Thursday night I discovered Ken's passport was missing. The only place I took it was Staples to make copies for the trip (the Sunday before) and I am sure I put both of them back in the envelope I had them in. Anyway, Friday morning I called Staples and they didn't have it, then I went to Staples to look for myself - didn't find it. Ken and I tore the house apart and my car looking for it - no sign of his passport (mine was in the envelope). So, we had to go to the post office to apply for an emergency re-issue of his passport ($200 total). And I had to move our flights and hotel ($300). And have been working on getting the US Embassy to move our visa appointment to next Monday. I've e-mailed twice and have heard nothing so far. I can't finalize the flights and hotel until I get a new appointment. I'm starting to get a little antsy.
The only bright side to this is that we were able to go to our family baby shower and I've had more time to get the nursery and house ready.

3 comments:

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Jamie,
I am glad you took advantage of the baby shower! Hope it lifted your spirits! I know I had mine way early just before we went to visit Lyza at 10 weeks old and I was over the moon! Then another when we got home! I always wonder why these things happen....chalk it up to someone upstairs was looking out for you for some reason and soon....you will be there with her in your arms...and can't wait to get her home so I can maybe squeeze on her!
Blessings! Misty

Pam L said...

Jamie,
So sorry you had to go through all of that! But I am glad you got to go to your shower. I'm sure you'll get your Embassy appointment rescheduled soon and you'll be on your way.....a little later than you had hoped, but on your way just the same. It will all work out. I'll be watching to see pictures of your first meeting with your beautiful little girl.

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. I wanted to let you know that we had to reschedule our appointment. I emailed the embassy early Wednesday morning and they emailed me back the following Monday. Hope you hear something soon.
Janina