Saturday, May 16, 2009

10th Anniversary

Yesterday (May 15) was our 10th wedding anniversary. Last weekend we left Olivia with Ginger and headed to French Lick. We stayed a night at West Baden Springs Hotel. It was awesome! It only took like an hour and a half to get there. We took a train ride at the Train Museum and then ate lunch in the atrium at West Baden. After we checked in I walked the grounds taking pictures - it's so peaceful there! We ordered room service for supper and spent the rest of the evening watching muscle car auctions on tv. I was going to get a massage, but it's so expensive there and I was way comfortable laying around on the bed so I didn't. We probably could have slept till noon there - that was the most comfortable bed I've ever been in! Check-out time, however, is at 11:00. We got up, ordered breakfast thru room service, ate and left. I had the best time just walking the property and the hotel itself taking pictures. Below are some of my favorites.
One of the trains at the museum:

Inside the hotel at night:

West Baden from 56:

The atrium ceiling:

The stairs leading to the veranda:

The fountain and gardens at West Baden:

The center of the atrium ceiling changes colors at night:

No comments: