Wednesday, May 6, 2009

MD Visit

Olivia had her 18 month doctors appointment today. She is at about 30 inches or so tall, but still just under 20 pounds. One of the nurses said she looks like a gymnist because she's petite, but has muscular legs. She is pretty strong for a baby! He said she seems perfectly healthy and is advancing really well. They gave her a book for her to keep and watched as she pointed and called things out and pointed out things I asked her to find. She found the bird, duck, babies, etc. They asked if she talks much - of course she was kind of quiet there, but I'm like She talks constantly! She'll try to say just about anything we ask her to (and of course things I'd rather her not). She only took about a 20 minute nap today so she was really cranky for the appointment (and otherwise today). She finally crashed around 7:00 tonight. She also got 3 shots today at the doctor's. Between those and them making her strip and sit on the scales I'm sure she pierced a few ear drums with her screams. My mom went with us and said she was expecting glass to shatter from them. I was glad she was with me though; Olivia found a lot of comfort in her being there and "saving her".

No comments: